Wednesday, August 27, 2008

August 25 through 31

Okay, are we ready for a new week? Here is what I am buying this week:
Albertson's
Hamburger Helper, $1 ($1/3 SS-8/10, .75 after coupon)
4 gallons of milk, 3.29
2 boxes of Fruit Loops (FREE with the milk)
Scott Extra Soft Bath Tissue, $1 ($1/1 SS-7/27 & a printable coupon, FREE after coupon)
Sunsilk Shampoo & Conditioner, $3 ($1.50/1 RP 8/17, Albertsons promo get $7 off next trip with the purchase of $20; .39 after coupon and rebate)
Caress Bodywash, $4 ($1 printable coupon, same rebate as above; $1.60 after coupon and rebate)

I also went to Costco this week to get a few things
Grapes 5lb $5.79
Potatoes 20lbs $4.79
Hamburger 5lbs $14.00 (you can get a better price on this, but I have husband that is picky about where I buy meat)

My total shopping trip this week was $51.50, regular price for these items would have been $86.98. I saved 72% on the non-costco items that I purchased this week.

Other Deals
Other items you may want to look at this week include:
Albertson's
Diet Pepsi 12 packs 5/$11.98 plus get a FREE Sierra Mist with printable coupon
Gerber 2nd Foods 2/.88 with printable coupon
Werthers Chocolate Carmels .50 with printable coupon
Dove Hair Care Products .28-.78 (RP 6/8 & RP 8/17)
Farmland Sausage 0-.45 (SS 5/4, RP 6/8, RP 8/10)

Reams
Zyrtec $11.99 (Ss 7/27 & RP 8/24)

These of course are not complete lists of good buys this week to see everything on sale please go to www.grocerysmarts.com, if you need a passport use g84caf. I would love to hear about your experiences using coupons, please leave comments.

Happy Shopping!!!

2 comments:

zippa said...

Hi Alyse, you came to my relief society a couple weeks ago and I am way excited to get going on this. My husband ordered one of each of the newspapers. We got them on Sunday but there was no redplum or smart savers in the paper. Does this happen a lot?

Alyse said...

This only happens a few times a year, when there is a holiday. You will get two sets of coupons this next Sunday (2 Red Plum and 2 Smart Source). If you go to the Grocery Smarts website there is a list of which coupons you should expect to see each week.

Thanks for the question!